Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Homemade Shank Buttons


My beautiful friend Ree posted her idea of homemade shank buttons so I thought that I would do the same. They say that 'Necessity is the Mother of Invention' and that is how these came about. All the materials used were already things that I had in my stash. The 'Shrinky Dink' material is something that I got for the kids to play with when they would visit. They LOVE it because it's like magic and keeps them busy for a long time without the TV going on. It only takes a small amount so even one sheet goes a long way. If using it I would suggest having a toaster oven just for crafts. The wire I used is 19 gauge and is also what I use for leg armature in some of my free standing dolls. I will never buy another button to use on the inside of a doll.

No comments: